- AD&D - Pretty much a no-brainer for me since I have multiple campaign worlds for this rule set. If forced to chose a version I'd pick 2nd, since I can hack out the parts I don't want.
- Traveller - For a Science Fiction fix, this is an easy choice.
- AFMBE - If you're stuck on an island the only thing missing is zombies.
- Call of Cthulhu - Hmmm two horror picks. Might not be prudent, but it's my list.
- Amber - A diceless change of pace from the other games on my list.
- Playing Cards - Because they're simply too flexible not to bring.
- Cosmic Encounter - An awesome game to scratch the non-RPG itch.
- Chess - Sometimes you can't get a group together, even on a desert island.
Monday, November 30, 2009
Over at Ratty Ramblings they've proposed an interesting thought exercise. Choose the eight games from your current collection you'd want if you were stranded on a desert island. You get to bring along all the material you own for each game chosen. Here's my list: