- The Great protective magic of the Torc cause blows directed at the wearer to either miss completely or do minimal damage (Great defensive bonus).
- So long as the wearer is not engaged in combat themselves, any foe must make a Great test of resolve to attack them or choose another foe. Any offensive action on the part of the wearer defeats this protection.
- The wearer gains a Superb resistance bonus to all forms of disease, poison or other natural maladies.
- All healing magic performed by the wearer gains a Great potency bonus.
- Five times per week the wearer can heal a significant malady: blindness, deadly poison, deafness, physical deformity, or other long term affliction.
Monday, August 10, 2009
This neck garb is an elegant, flexible gold band from which hang overlapping rows of delicate leaf-shaped gold scales, each set with a small topaz or emerald. The band itself is shaped to resemble a vine or branch with smooth bark. The piece has Superb value as a piece of jewelry in addition to its magical properties. Legends says there were once five such torcs the gift of a long forgotten healer's deity. The Torc radiates Superb healing magic and Great protection magic. It has the following magical properties: