The Bag of Ahtep is a round sack shaped from strips of tan and pale green leather arranged in a striped pattern and reinforced with a net of fine steel links sewn along the seams. The opening of the Bag is secured with a silken drawstring dyed to match the green leather. If examined for magical properties the Bag radiates Poor alteration magic. It has the following properties:
- The Bag is enchanted so its true magical nature is hidden. Discovering each of the Bag's properties requires a Superb test of divination magic. A command word is required to open the Bag or use any of its powers.
- The Bag can hold up to 40 lbs. of typical gear, being larger inside than out. No matter how much gear is placed inside, the Bag appears to be nearly empty and weighs 5 lbs.
- The owner of the Bag can draw forth a good meal, including cutlery and dishes, and flask of pure water or good wine or ale sufficient for one diner. All accouterments vanish after two hours. This power can be used six times per day.
- The owner may draw forth one of three statuettes. Only one statuette is available at a time. If a new one is drawn any existing statuette vanishes. A new statuette can be drawn forth every four hours. Each statuette lasts 12 hours, and can be commanded to life or returned to statuette form at will during this time. The statuettes are:
- Horse - This statuette becomes a Good quality, full-sized mount, complete with tack and harness, upon command. The mount requires no food or drink, and can move at a gallop without tiring.
- Dog - This statuette becomes a guard dog the size of a German Sheppard. The dog can be commanded to guard a specific area and will bark to alert the owner if anyone approaches within 60'. The dog has Superb senses, and is able to detect hidden or invisible foes.
- Crow - This statuette becomes a full-sized crow. The owner can command it to scout up to five miles in any direction. Upon its return, the bird can convey what it sees with simple phrases.