- Combat - Liberator's Hand is a Poor quality weapon, though its Superb toughness means it is unlikely to break if used as such.
- Protection - The owner gains a Superb resistance bonus to charm and enchantment magic so long as the item is held. This is a passive effect.
- Light of Will - The wielder can command the item to radiate a soft white light in a 30 foot radius. Anyone within this area gains a Good resistance bonus to magical effects that cause negative emotions (fear, despair, etc.) This power can be invoked thrice per day and lasts ten rounds.
- Liberating Touch - The wielder can touch (successful melee attack required vs. an unwilling target) the victim of any charm or enchantment magic and dispel the effect (Superb potency). This power can be invoked thrice per day.
- Voice of Freedom - When the staff is held and this power is invoked the owner gains a Good bonus to their public speaking ability, becoming an enthralling orator. This bonus rises to Great if the speech is focused on freedom and liberty. This power can be invoked once per day and lasts one hour.
Tuesday, June 30, 2009
This item is a short staff, three feet in length and two inches in diameter, cut from a single piece of ivory. The surface of the staff is carved, featuring a long hand grip covering the middle third of its length. Each end of the grip is stylized to represent a horizon, with three setting or rising suns spaced equally around the staff's circumference. The radiating rays of each sun are inlaid in mother of pearl, becoming an interlocked mesh of pearly sheen as they wrap around the remainder of the staff's length. Each end of the staff is set with numerous black pearls and capped with a small silver globe. Liberator's Hand is clearly a ceremonial object rather than a weapon, though it could be used for defense in a pinch. If tested for magical properties the item radiates Superb protection and dispel magic, and Great alteration magic. A Superb test of divination magic will reveal its properties: