Paquin's Deceiving Circle was one of his earlier works, untouched by the demonic forces that would later dominate his life. The Circle is a heavy gold ring inscribed with mystic sigils on its outer surface. A single clear crystal cut flush with the band's surface adorns it. Identifying the magical properties of the ring will reveal Superb obscurement and illusion magic.
The ring has the following powers and abilities:
- The bearer gains Great ability to sense illusion and obscurement magic within 30' at will, requiring a round of concentration to activate.
- Good control of light level in a 30' radius at will, making it as bright as daylight or as dark as a moonless night, three times per day.
- Create a Great quality illusion with visible and audible elements in a 10' x 10' area. The created illusion can move at a walking pace and lasts so long as concentration is maintained. Once concentration ceases the illusion will continue for thee rounds. This power can be used once per day.
- Project a Great illusion of the bearer, including both visible and audible elements up to 120'. The projection can be maintained just as the illusion above. This power can be used once per day.
- The wielder can become invisible (Superb) twice per day.