PBE Games on DriveThruRPG

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Looking Backwards

I'm approaching three months writing this blog, My how time flies. I decided it was time to review what I was doing and see where I could improve things. Overall I've had a slow but steady upward trend on readership (yay!). I get quite a few reads via the RPG Bloggers feed. Comments and feedback have been pretty sparse, making it difficult to judge how useful readers are finding the material here.

I'm considering two changes to my content in the coming weeks. The first is a weekly feature called Grim Monday. No one likes Monday so I figured I'd add to the day's dismal reputation by focusing on curses, traps and other nasty tricks. It seems like a natural fit.

Second, I'm considering switching to a more numeric format, using stat blocks that are more in tune with D&D and d20, which is where most of these items have seen play anyhow. I liked the idea of using Fate/FUDGE style descriptors when I started, but with crunch-focused articles it seems like cross-purposes. If I made this change I'd go back through existing items and re-stat them.

Lastly I'm considering a larger-scale project as a focus for articles. I haven't given this a lot of thought yet--perhaps a sandbox starter campaign or a combined wilderness/dungeon setting.

For those of you playing along at home: What do you think? What do you like? What don't you like? What would you like to see more of?
Post a Comment